Having recently expanded our operations in New Zealand, we’ve been working hard to develop innovative new services for independent contractors in NZ.
We have found that for contractors, work is the easy part – it’s the administration, compliance and tax obligations that can prove difficult to manage. Many contractors would like access to a managed service that takes care of the background tasks associated with life as a contractor, so that they can focus purely on work.
With this in mind, we have established the New Zealand arm of our Entity Business and Taxation (EBAT). EBAT is a division of Entity Solutions Group. Our expert team is made up of chartered accountants specialising in tax for independent contractors in New Zealand. We can assist you with tax, insurances and our accountants can also advise you on appropriate ways to maximize your income whilst ensuring you are operating under the rules of the IRD.
Through this division (EBAT), we can provide contractors with a fully managed tax and accounting service that incorporates the management of all your personal and professional tax affairs. We calculate and pay all your taxes for you every time you get paid – Income tax, GST, ACC etc. This means you don’t need to worry about putting money aside or about dipping in to the tax account. What you get paid is yours to keep.
We now also provide insurances to cover you for personal and business purposes, known as Group Health and Sickness Insurance and Public Indemnity and Public Liability insurance. Our professional insurance options will ensure that you are automatically covered at the appropriate level.
Our Entity Business and Taxation team are experts in both provisional tax and the AIM method. We use systems that have AIM functionality and fully support the AIM method (for those who aren’t aware, it is essentially a “pay-as-you-go” provisional tax method that will make provisional tax much simpler for independent contractors), providing contractors with greater choice around tax management. If you want to elect in to using the AIM method, then we can prepare your regular activity statements and lodge these with the IRD for you.
Services we offer include:
- Invoicing and managed credit control with your end client
- Managing your payroll
- GST return preparation
- Income tax return preparation (for both limited companies and independent contractors)
- Managed cash flow (meaning we pay taxes directly on your behalf)
- Professional Insurance coverage
- Company incorporation
- Financial statement preparation
- Companies Office and secretarial services
- Compliance services (ensuring you are compliant to all regulations as a contractor at all times)
- Approved advisory organisation able to file AIM activity statements (read this blog for more information about AIM)
- ACC management
- Discounted Xero subscription
Benefits to you:
- A one-stop-shop to manage all aspects of being an independent contractor
- Significant cost savings when compared against the individual costs of an accountant and professional insurances
- Reduce risk exposure and associated penalties as all compliance and insurance are managed by us
- We calculate the correct taxes to be withheld each payment and pay these directly on your behalf, which provides you with a managed cashflow
- Our tax professionals are Independent Contractor (IC) specialists and can advise on the right ways to maximise income whilst remaining compliant with IRD rules.
We can work with you to tailor packages to suit your individual and business requirements.
Our offering can be a great asset to you, providing assurance that while you are busy working for your end client and giving the very best of yourself to your work, your administrative obligations are being taken care of. Knowing you have covered all bases, you will be able to enjoy your leisure time, doing things you actually enjoy – not paperwork.